Preventing Cavities From Spreading
Stop Cavities Early
We’ll help stop cavities from spreading fruther through routine checkups, we are a cavity’s worst nightmare
It only takes twenty four hours for plaque that is not removed from your teeth to turn into calculus (tartar)! Daily home cleaning helps control plaque and tartar formation, but those hard to reach areas will always need special attention.
Once your periodontal treatment has been completed, your dentist and dental hygienist will recommend that you have regular maintenance cleanings (periodontal cleanings), usually four times a year. At these cleaning appointments, the pocket depths will be carefully checked to ensure that they are healthy. Plaque and calculus that is difficult for you to remove on a daily basis will be removed from above and below the gum line.
In addition to your periodontal cleaning and evaluation, your appointment will usually include:
- Examination of diagnostic x-rays (radiographs)—essential for detection of decay, tumors, cysts, and bone loss. X-rays also help determine tooth and root positions.
- Examination of existing restorations—check current fillings, crowns, etc.
- Examination of tooth decay—check all tooth surfaces for decay.
- Oral cancer screening—check the face, neck, lips, tongue, throat, cheek tissues, and gums for any signs of oral cancer.
- Oral hygiene recommendations—review and recommend oral hygiene aids as needed. (Electric toothbrushes, special periodontal brushes, fluorides, rinses, etc.)
- Teeth polishing—remove stain and plaque that is not otherwise removed during tooth brushing and scaling.
Good oral hygiene practices and periodontal cleanings are essential in maintaining dental health and keeping periodontal disease under control!
We’ll Ensure You Are In Peak Oral Health
We work as a team to ensure that you are in peak oral health, whether that is examining existing restorations to ensure that they are in acceptable condition, or spotting and monitoring cavities early, we have you covered. Your checkups cover more than just your teeth and existing restoraitons, but your gums and oral mucosa as well.
Your Cavity Spotting Team
Phone: 1 (949) 380-7803
Tuesday: 7:00 am–4:00 pm
Wednesday: 9:00 am–5:00 pm
Thursday: 9:00 am–5:00 pm
Friday: 7:00 am–4:00 pm
Monday: By Appointment Only
25432 Trabuco Road, Suite 206, Lake Forest, CA 92630-2758